Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things have been a little down around here lately. It started about 2 weeks ago when Braxton woke up with a big fat red swollen eye...I thought it was maybe just an infection from his tear ducts not draining properly, but after a visit to the docs it was indeed a bad case of pink eye. So after about 5 days of house arrest and eye drops galore, he finally started looking normal again. Then his body started reacting to his teeth making their way through his little gums, and he got a nasty cold where he could hardly breathe cause his nose was so clogged, so of course this meant many sleepless nights and fussy days. Then to add to the cold, a fever developed, also in response to his teeth, or so I supposed. After about 3 days of off and on fever and still sleepless nights, his fever finally ended and he broke out in a rash all over his body. Roseola...a common virus that most children get sometime before they enter kindergarten. Not painful and can't be professionally treated, so again we just had to wait it out. Well I was just about at my wits end when out of nowhere I started feeling a little tired and achy...and of course the next morning I woke up with the flu. NOT what I needed! I didn't know how in the world I would take care of a sick teething baby when I could barely stand without puking myself. I prayed and prayed and a miracle happened. Within hours I felt the flu leave and I was almost totally back to normal by mid-day! Oh thank goodness for the power of prayer! That was such a huge and needed blessing. Unfortunately I still have a cold and just last night started developing a cough, but I will take that any day over the nausea and achiness of the flu. Even though his fever is currently gone, Braxton is still having a hard time sleeping through the night and his schedule is completely out of wack for whatever reasons, but I think and hope there is a light at the end of this never ending tunnel. His darn tooth still hasn't popped through, so we are still working on keeping him happy and as comfortable as possible until that happens. Stupid teeth. Justin hasn't gotten away unscathed either...he has been battling a cold for the past few days as well, so...I don't know whats going on but I can't wait for it to be over!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

oh how I feel your pain. I swear it took Jack about a month to push out his one little tooth, only to have the whole process start all over again. I don't know if it ever ends! Ah the joys of motherhood. We need to get together sometime.

Rachel Smith said...

sometimes when it rains...it pours huh! I hope you guys all get back to normal soon. I hate all the teething, it seems like just as one comes in...another set starts coming down. He is so cute! I love his lashes. Oh and why on earth don't you make Justin change more poopy diapers. I about died when i read that he just changed his first! ya, you really need to fix that! well, get feeling better soon and keep in touch!

Shari said...

lol I agree that Justin needs to change more diapers. Alf changed his first in the hospital, before I'd even changed one I think (then again, I was kinda passed out in the bathroom at the time anyway heh).

I remember a spurt like this with Aric. It was horrible :( He had diarrhea for I think 20 days or something, and it was right in the middle of teething. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time.

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry for your case of bad luck recently. Poor girl. Sarah...I just have to say though...I love your page, I always have the best feeling when I look at y'alls pictures! And what a wonderful song! Chills all over. Love you girl!