Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New York, New York

Here are some pictures from our trip to New York where we stayed with my mother-in-law in her beautiful country home. (Which she actually runs as a B&B as well. If your ever in upstate New York and want/need a place to stay, check it our here.) It was such a nice trip, and the weather was just gorgeous in the evening and mornings. Braxton had a bit of a rough time with the time change (See "Mom-hood" below) but did wonderful on the long flights there and back. I know we had some help from above in that arena!


Here is her home from the front and back. I love it there!



Justin and B-rax with our cute little nieces.


This is what happens when you play with little girls all week. . .


(At least he is PULLING the barbie's hair and not just playing with it. That made Justin feel a little better. :) )

Aunt Angie and Braxton on her fun new bike!! I never thought I would ever see her one of these!

Relaxing at the lake...I didn't get to kayak or swim much of course, but it was nice just to be able to sit and enjoy the weather and the babies.


My water babies! These two just love the water. I can't ever get them out!


Isn't it beautiful?

My mom-in-law and her classy '55 chevy truck. She is so cute!


The kayaking pro. Check out those muscles!



"Bless you, my child..." :)

Braxton and cute Gavin. They are buds already.

Makin' smores round the firepit. Nothin' better than smores!

And here is the best part of the whole trip...Justin changed his FIRST poopy diaper! His good friend and mission companion Brad came to visit while we were there, and thanks to some subtle peer pressure from Brad (why is it that men will sometimes listen to their BUDDIES before their wives?!?!) he sucked it up, plugged his nose and did it! Of course I HAD to grab a picture so I have proof!

Going for a late night swim in ma's beautiful new pool. The water was so perfect! Cystal clear and sparkly clean. She had her water imported ffrom the ice-caves, and I must tell ya, the difference was totally noticeable. It felt like you could drink it! "Beautious!" As ma always says... :)

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks beautiful! I love being out east in the summer time... everything is unbelievably green.

And he seriously had never changed a poopie diaper before now? Wow.

Mallory said...

you are too sweet! im glad that you find joy in my crazy addiction! hehe :) miss you guys! LOVE all the pictures! looks like you had a blast! gosh i wish i could take a trip like that. lucky! :)

Mallory said...

p.s jon was so happy when he read that Justin FINALLY changed a poopy diaper! welcome to the club he says! hehe...

Kristin said...

That was your man's first poopy? Wow! How did he get away with it for that long?!?! What a fun trip!