Thursday, May 1, 2008

Beautiful Victoria

Well, our wonderful trip has come and gone, and home we are again. Vacations always go by way too fast! Victoria was absolutely beautiful though and we loved every minute spent there. The weather was perfect...in the high 50s to low 60s and the air was so clean and crisp you just wanted to drink it all up! There are way too many pictures to post, but here are some of my favorites from our excursion.



On the ferry ride from the port in Canada to Victoria Island. It was COLD and WINDY!
THIS IS A TREE!!! How odd is that? Do they shape them like that or is that how is just grows? I don't know, but it was way cool. I loved how the vines grew all over this Grand Hotel we saw by the horbor. I'm sure its so gorgeous when all the flowers are in bloom.
This is the first Bed and Breakfast we stayed in in Victoria. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous and the view of the ocean was so beautiful! I would totally recommend a B&B to anyone who is tired of the traditional hotel experience and is looking for something more personal and a "home away from home" feel. It was so fun!
Little Braxton did pretty good from the most part, but he definitely had a few rough times. I think all the traveling and new surroundings just tuckered him out. My sweet boy.
There was this awesome authentic castle right next to where we were staying, but unfortunately we didn't have time to tour it. We sat outside of it though for awhile and just enjoyed the weather and the beautiful field of flowers that sat at its doorstep. Hopefully next time we'll get to go inside.





The Buchart Gardens were spectacular in all their beauty and splendor. I seriously felt at times that this could have been what the Garden of Eden looked like. I loved being there! My pictures don't do it justice, but when my photographer sister gets her pics on a CD I will post some and then you can REALLY see what it looked like. :)





This was the ferry ride back to Seattle. My mom and baby and aunts were pooped, so my and my sis decided to enjoy the scenery for a little by ourselves and get some good sister-bonding time.


This place is called Cottage Creek Inn, and it definitely lived up to its name. Its the B&B that we stayed in in Seattle, and I just fell in love the moment we drove up its cute little windy path! It was in the middle of Seattle, but it was set back from the road aways and their quaint little (well it wasn't really little) cottage home sat on acres and acres on gorgeous green forest land. The man who runs this place with his wife is an artist, and he puts his talents to use on his landscaping. Again, my pictures don't nearly do the place justice, but they were just breathtaking. A real creek wound through and around the property, and there were blooming flower gardens everywhere. It was simply rejuvinating to the soul to be in the midst of this paradise.
(Last picture: Braxton asleep again...little angel had to catch a nap wherever he could.)

This was a magical trip that won't soon be forgotten. It was lovely to get away from the Arizona sun and dry desert for a weekend and enjoy nature like God intended. :) Ok ok...Arizona DOES have its beauty, but it seems so simple compared to the lush green I basked in all weekend. Looking for an enchanting getaway? Go to Victoria!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

What a neat trip! Thanks for sharing your adventures and pictures!