Thursday, November 1, 2007

I Love to Read!

Ok so now that I am sitting around waiting for this BABY to come, I have some time on my hands and I get to spend some much needed ME time doing what I love: READING! But when I finish a book and I either LOVED it or I DIDN'T, it always seems incomplete unless I can talk to SOMEONE about it and go over what I THOUGHT and how I FELT about it. Well, as much as I LOVE discussing my thoughts and ideas with my DOG, I don't quite think he GETS as much out of it as I do . . . SO, I decided that once I FINISH a book I am going to WRITE ALL ABOUT IT on my blog! That way it gives me a way to EXPRESS my feelings about it, and hopefully if there are other READERS out there who are LOOKING for some GOOD BOOKS they can maybe get some recommendations. So, here we go. Here are the most RECENT books I have read.

I really enjoyed this book. It takes place in the 1800's here in the Arizona territory, and is actually based on the real life happenings of a woman named Sarah Prine. It is written in diary format, but Sarah is so REAL and full of life and personality that it was like I was reading a full on adventure story the entire time. It encompasses her life as a young teenager, a growing woman, a bride and then a mother and all the trials and sorrows and joys that she went through on a daily basis while trying to survive in this wild and untamed, uncivilized territory. I also found out, much to my pleasure :), that there is a sweet love story it is as well. A wonderful Historical Fiction that I would recommend to anyone wanting to read a real life story about a woman who overcomes real life trials and still comes out on top. The ending left you wanting, wanting MORE that is, but I have heard there is a 2nd part to this and I plan to investigate that soon.

This book is a re-telling of Beauty and the Beast, and although it is pretty similar to the standard fairy-tale (father steals a rose from Beasts garden and Beauty gives herself to pay the debt) I still enjoyed it enough to have a hard time putting it down. I personally would have liked to see more interaction and stimulating conversation between the Beast and Beauty, but for a teen book I was happy with it. A light, easy read that made me feel good when I was finished. (Thats always a plus! :))

3 comments:

Sarahleigh said...

I am so glad you enjoy our blog. Mike kind of roped me in to the whole thing, but I must admit, I like it :) You are more than willing to steal the costume idea. We are always willing to share a good idea. What goes around, comes around :D I am planning on coming to your shower, but I have to work at 3:00, so I'll only be able to be there for the very beginning. I'm so sorry. I wish I had more time to visit, but alas! I am looking forward to seeing you!

Sarahleigh said...

Hey, Sarah :) I'm in Maricopa today, so if you want to hang out, let me know. Sorry it is last minute, but my family wanted me to stay last night. I don't know how to call you, so if you don't get this message in time, we'll hang out some other time. Hope to hear from you!

Heidi said...

Hey woman, I want to see/hear about your baby shower!! I found the CUTEST present for you, but I'm trying to decide if I really have the money to buy it. ;)