Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Miracles


My family was able to come out to our house the day after Thanksgiving for a "Thanksgiving Number 2" as we enjoyed dinner all over again and roasted mashmellows and made s'mores with our new fire pit. We had a great time! One of the greatest things about having a large family with so many children is that they often remind you of the beauty of the small and simple things in life. Like, a train. Do you remember getting so excited when you had to stop in the car at the tracks to watch a train go by and you would count the cars and the more there were the better it was!? Now as adults we get so frustrated when we have to stop and wait for them to pass, but there was a time when they filled us with happiness. Its neat to be able to be reminded by little children about how much joy we miss out on as adults.


My Pa and my Hubby heatin' up the turkey over the fire. Smoked turkey....Yuuummmm!

Here is history in the making. My father is not by nature a sports fanatic, unlike my husband. That has carried down to most of my brothers. Now, don't get me wrong, they all enjoy watching sports now and then and definitely enjoy playing them for fun, but compared to my husband who is a die hard sports fan, they are all pretty mellow about sports. I believe that this is the first time in the history of my Speakman family where I have seen any of my brothers AND my dad sitting down together to watch a football game and actually getting into it by cheering and booing and all that good stuff. Perhaps having Justin there as the instigator has something to do with it, but still, I had to take a picture to prove that it actually happened. Thanksgiving is always full of miracles...even small ones. :)





3 comments:

~aileen~jaron~ said...

hey sister, it was so fun to come out to your home. It was beautiful and inviting! it must happen again soon! and yes. i loved seeing the guys watching the game... i almost felt like a normal everyday family with the men on the couch and women chatting in the other room :) ! again in was a fun night, and worth the drive !!! love you!

Anonymous said...

are getting ready to pop yet or what! I wanna know as soon as you have him. Let me know if you need anything! We miss you guys. Oh yah, we got released from primary!

Bret said...

This comment is late but...Way to go Justin! That's the way to make sports fans out of all the in-laws. I love it! Too bad ASU couldn't hold off USC. Oh well, Holiday Bowl is ok. Should be Fiesta but a successful season either way. Becki and I need to come down there to see you guys and the Carpenter's too! Later-