Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

So as this festiv time of year rolls around, my thoughts of course turn to all the wonderful blessings in my life and what I am thankful for this wonderful holiday season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the holidays and the feelings of peace and excitement and love that just seem to permeate the air wherever you go. Not to mention it finally starts to cool off and you can finally walk outside barefoot without cooking your toesies raw! So, as I am sitting here and enjoying the cool breeze wafting in through my living room window, I am counting my blessings and looking forward to the never ending turkey and potatoes and pie that will stuff my already swollen belly even more. Here is my top 10 list of things that I am feeling especially thankful for today. (In no particular order, other than the first 3.)
1. MY HOT HUSBAND - I definitely would not be sitting here kicking my feet up in this beautiful house if it were not for the hard work that he puts in every day to make money for our family. He is so dedicated to making sure that we are taken care of and I am truly thankful for that desire that he has to see us succeed in life. Not to mention he is my best friend and I can never spend enough time with him. I just love em!
2. THE GOSPEL, of course. What would the holidays be without knowing why we are truly celebrating them? "Silent Night" has such a personal, spiritual meaning I think when you truly know who you are singing about and what that eternal night really meant for all mankind.
3. MY DOG! Yeah yeah, I know. For all you individuals out there who don't do dogs or who have never really had a dog for a best friend, that might sound like a small thing to be thankful for. But let me tell you, without my little friend here to keep me company all day and late nights when Justin gets home pretty late, I would be one lonely little mamma. He is like a little son to me and I just love him to death. I can completely understand how having a dog can give an elderly person something to live for, or how they can extend the lives of individuals who own them. They are truly mans best friend.
4. PAIN MEDICATION! As my due date draws near, I think the only thing that keeps me sane is knowing that I will only have to endure a somewhat-minimal amount of pain before I can stick that blessed needle in my back and be pain-free (or almost pain-free) for the rest of the delivery. How did women ever do it squatting over a bed pan on a dusty floor in the early days? I will never know, thank goodness.
5. MY FAMILY. I have one of the most amazing families in the world. There has never been a more supportive, loving family as mine and I couldn't thank the Lord enough for their influence. Whenever my world starts to turn the wrong way, I know help is simply a phone call away and it will all be better. They are my foundation in this crazy world and I love them ALL so much.
6. MY BABY. I have yet to meet this fella but already I love him so much and can't wait to hold him in my arms. I can already start to piece together a little of his personality from how he acts in my stomach and I think we are going to have a wonderful life together. :) I couldn't be more excited to be a mother.
7. RAIN. A simple thing to love, but love it I do. I love the sound, I love the smell, I love the feel of it, I love the way it makes everything look so green and lush, I love the cloudy skies, I love the coolness it brings...I just love it! The only thing I DON"T love is how little it chooses to make an appearance here. Hm.
8. CHOCOLATE. A pregnant woman's best friend. Need I say more? :)
9. MUSIC. Music is one of those simple but powerful tools that speaks to the soul, and the effect that it can have on one's life is amazing. It sets a mood, changes a mood, soothes the spirit, INVITES the spirit, calms a heart, and so much more. I love music and what it brings into my life.
10. CARS. Isn't it wonderful that I can travel a good 50-60 miles to see my family in a mere 45 minutes or less? Thank goodness for modern marvels.
And of course, I am thankful for all YOU, my friends and family and the rich relationships you bring into my life. Thank you for everything and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

1 comment:

kemra said...

Amen! I am so excited for you to get to hold your baby - that is one of the neatest things EVER! I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is to look down at your little miracle and have them look back at you. It is priceless!