Tuesday, June 30, 2009

40 Weeks!

So this is it! I made it! I am 40 weeks this week. At my doc appt on Monday I was at 3 cm and 60% effaced, so I'm happy to know I am progressing. We decided to go ahead and try the gels to see if it can tip me over the edge and get me going. I am going into the hospital tomorrow at 3 pm to have the gel put in, and then we will try it every two hours for 6 hours and see what happens. There is no guarantee that I will go into labor, but with how far progressed I am, both my doc and I feel like the gel is all I need to get me going. I have mixed feelings about it, but overall I am excited (and nervous of course) to have this little lady become part of our lives. So this is my last day with just me and my baby Braxton (who isn't a baby anymore!) Alot of emotions running through me. Wish me luck tomorrow! Hopefully next time I post it will be about our beautiful baby girl!


(Like the baby on the tv looking up at me? Ya, I didn't even plan that. Cool, eh?)

5 comments:

Jessica Rodgers said...

looks like she has dropped. Good luck tomorrow. let me know if you need anything!!!

Amy said...

Good luck! You look gorgeous!

Heidi said...

Wow!! Well, there's no way your baby presents are getting to you before she comes, considering I just finished them all today. :) I love you, good luck! I'm calling you later and I'll send you an email w/ pics so you can at least see them before she comes.

Thorne Family said...

good luck!

Shari said...

Congrats and good luck! You look great! And she looks like she's so low she's gonna fall out, so I hope it goes well for you. :)