Saturday, June 20, 2009

I took Braxton to get a haircut this week. I can't believe how fast it grew since the last time we cut it a few months ago! The lady was going to buzz it, but thankfully I stopped her in time and she made it a little longer. Its still shorter than I wanted, but now that its done I like it alot and it will be nice and cool for the Summer.

I can't believe how different it makes him look. So much older, and more like my side of the family! (At least I think so.) Braxton is starting to talk alot more. He is saying small sentences a larger variety of words. Its so nice to be able to communicate better with him and know more of what he wants. I love seeing how his personality grows more each day too and the fun new little habits or facial expressions he picks up. I think he understands that there is a change coming, but of course he doesn't grasp how drastically our lives are going to change. I am worried about how he is going to cope with having to share me and not get all the attention he is used to, but thankfully I have family near to help. He will be a good big brother though, once he has adjusted. Every time he sees a baby, he strokes his face and says "soft," (knowing that he has to be soft with little babies) and he always gets concerned when there is a child crying. He loves playing with kids of any age, but especially those younger than him. He pats their heads and tries to help them crawl or walk or give them food or toys. Its so cute, and I'm glad he has that caring side to him. Just gotto get past the first few weeks (or months) after she is born!


We went with some friends over to a splash pad in one of the near communities a couple weeks ago. Braxton had a ball and loved playing in the fountains and with the other kids. He is such a fun-loving kid. How I love him!








3 comments:

Shari said...

hahahaha wait until the full sentences come out and he'll NEVER STOP TALKING!! He's so cute. I keep saying he's all Speakman, don't I?

Alicia said...

What a sweet little boy! I'm sure he'll be a wonderful big brother, even while adjusting to your new little one. :)

Jessica Rodgers said...

I bet you will be surprised how fast he will get use to the new little one.