Thursday, June 11, 2009

Surprise Baby Shower!

Last weekend my good friends Cori and Heather threw a surprise baby shower for me! Justin took the day off (first time in FOREVER-it was much needed for both of us!) and we had planned to go to Macudo's Island in Chandler (an indoor jungle gym) with Cori and her family. I had absolutely no idea what was really happening, so when we knocked on their door to pick them up and instead I got a huge "SURPRISE" from all my friends in the ward, I was pretty shocked! It took me a second to realize what was happening. I was so overwhelmed I even got a little emotional! (I know, I'm a baby.) Justin took Braxton and went off for some "guy time" with Cori and Heather's husbands and kids, and I got to stay and enjoy the fun. We had a good time, and I'm so grateful for friends who go out of their way to make me feel loved. Thanks again Cori and Heather!


The "spread!" Yummy cheesecake bites, muffins, cream puffs, an adorable fruit basket (made by Heather!) that looked like a baby carriage, and candle party favors. YUM!!

Corynn and Tenille enjoying the party



One of my favorite gifts! This baby girl is going to be so dang cute in all the clothes and summer dresses I have for her. Wahoo!

Diane, Mary and Lisa. Love these ladies!


Heather (also prego!) Me and Cori. These are my buds!


Julie and Jayna - probably laughing at how flustered I still was after the initial "surprise!"


I have no idea what I was laughing at, but its a funny picture. :)
I had a wonderful time, and it was so nice to spend some "girl" time with some good friends. And its always nice to have help in getting ready for a new baby! You guys rock!

3 comments:

Jessica Rodgers said...

Sorry I couldnt make it my husband and I went out of town for our anniversary. Wish I could have been there looks like you all had a great time.

Shari said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I want instructions for that fruit basket thing. TOO CUTE!!

Kristin said...

I have the same summer dresses for my girls...and I love 'em!!! P.S. that fruit basket is genius!!!! Holy gifted friend!