Sunday, September 7, 2008

And the Sun Appears...

Well after one long and tiring month full of dreary days, the clouds are finally parting and the sun is shining its bright face on us once again! Braxton's fevers are gone, his bottom two teeth FINALLY popped through, his diaper rash is completely healed, and I think things are finally back to normal around here. Well, almost. We got into a bad habit while he was sick. . . I would pick him up anytime he woke up during a nap or in the middle of the night and hold him to try and get him to go back to sleep to comfort him, so he would be awake for hours in the middle of the night instead of going back to sleep. We are working on this though and are making good progress, so hopefully he will be sleeping through the night again soon and THEN we will be back to normal!

We had his 9 month well visit last week, and after another blood test (which went MUCH better than last time...he didn't even cry very much at all! It could be because another man was helping so Braxton thought he had to be all macho or something, I don't know, but whatever it was I am so grateful it went better!) he checked out nice and healthy with no sign of infection. It seems like just within the past couple of weeks, he has grown so much and has turned into a little boy rather than my tiny baby. Here are some things that I want to remember about this stage of his life:

- He is crawling all over the place now! Its adorable, but although it would seem like I would get more done since he can entertain himself more, 'tis not true. As soon as I put him down he takes off for one of two things: The dogs' toys and food, or the stairs. He is OBSESSED with the stairs and gets so mad whenever I put the gate up. He grabs it and shakes it and just cries like he is behind bars or something. Funny, but frustrating. So, I have to follow him everywhere to make sure he isn't eating doggy food or sucking on doggy toys or anything. Yuck.

-He uses his feet like a monkey, grabbing things and holding them or bringing them up to his hands. Its so cute and I laugh every time.


-I taught him a new trick - he can give kisses! He even puckers his lips and everything. My heart just sings every time he gives me a kiss. Aw, the love.

-Whatever I am eating, he has to have some. And after I put a little piece in his mouth, he will look up at me and give me the biggest smile like he is so proud of himself!
-He loves to play the piano. I will take his little finger and play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and he wants me to do it over and over again. I hope this means I have a little musician on my hands!
-He smells EVERYTHING. He will pick up something and smell it before he puts it into his mouth, he will take out his paci and smell it then put it back in, he will even sniff ME sometimes when I am holding him. Don't know why, but its dang cute.
-He loves anything stringy - cords, ribbons, string, and ESPECIALLY hair. He falls asleep with a big clump of my hair twirled around his fist. This has gotten a bit uncomfortable since I have cut it shorter...
Here he is in his new walker. He finally mastered it and loves chasing the dogs all around the house. I will have to get a video soon. Its pretty funny. And I know I am biased, but I really do think I have the cutest baby in the world. :)
As for me, I am taking piano lessons again. I have been feeling like if I don't use my talents soon I am going to lose them, so its time I start working on them again. I am really enjoying it so far and can't wait to be good enough to accompany people and actually play hymns in church.
I also am in a course for my writing to help me hone my skills and hopefully get some things published. It will take awhile of course, but thats my goal. Its nice to be challenged again and have something to work towards!
Life is Good!

4 comments:

Shari said...

He is so cute! You know, I can see bits of your mom and dad in him in these pictures. It's so funny that he chases the pets. :)

Alicia said...

I'm so glad things are (almost) back to normal. Braxton has such a cute personality--thanks for sharing all the adorable little things he does!

Kristin said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad he's feeling better! Love your new layout too!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad he is feeling better! I am definitely not looking forward to when Ella gets sick for the firsr time! I felt so bad and helpless when she got a fever from her shots! I can't believe he is already 9 months old! Time goes by SO fast! Ella is going to be 3 months old in 4 days! Where did the time go? We should get together sometime!