Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tears

You know what is one of the things I hate most in this world? When you realize that somehow while you were going about your cleaning for the day, your baby monitor has been switched off, and you turn it on again only to realize your child has been screaming and sobbing for who-knows-how-long. You rush to his room and sure enough his eyes are swollen and he has his face burried in his blanket as he chokes out his sobs, thinking that he is alone and no one loves him. (Or so I imagine as the cuprit mother who has unknowingly abondoned him). Thank goodness they forgive so much more easily than we forgive ourselves.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Don't worry, he won't even remember it later. It's happened with Aric a few times. Sometimes at night, too, I'll dream that he's crying, but when I wake up... he's crying, and I wonder for how long. It happens to the best of us. ;)

I've thought about Kim a lot. I have no idea how to contact her. I haven't heard from her more than twice after her dad died.. her family moved her to Kansas and wouldn't let her visit.

Stacy said...

It's' good for babies to cry! That's what I always tell myself!

Alicia said...

I hate when that happens! I agree--good thing they are so forgiving!

Mallory said...

HEY!! I tagged you in my latest blog! if you have the time you should check it out and then do it too!!
http://mrsandmrw.blogspot.com/
-Mal