Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th Festivities

So for the 4th of July we decided to go with my family up to Taylor, Az to spend the weekend. We don't really have much family from Taylor but my brother and sister-in-law (who do have fam up there) went last year and loved it so we all decided to go this year. Friday was absolutley beautiful up there. It was cloudy and windy and SO COOL and it sprinkled on and off all day and it was just heaven. We spent Friday morning at the lake in Showlow-Lakeside (about 20 min from Taylor) canoeing and kayaking (sp?) and just enjoying the weather.
Justin canoing all by himself!

My mom and pop in their cowboy hats. My dad is a true cowboy at heart!

Me and Brookie (my sis-in-law) canoeing. Don't we look like pros!?!? Yay for the moms! :)

Justin Kayaking. He loved it.

The baby playing in the lake water. Nice and cool and refreshing!

In the afternoon we saw Hancock (which I really liked) and then that evening we drove to Holbrook (about 20 min in the other direction) for fireworks since Taylor wasn't doing theirs until Sat night. Took some pics, but they didn't turn out too well. Saturday morning Justin and I were going to leave, but we were having so much fun we decided to stay and go home late that night with the rest of my family after the big town rodeo. Before that though we went to a nice patriotic program and then hung out at the park for awhile. Again, the weather was perfect. It couldn't have been better if I had custom ordered it!
Justin and Dad just relaxing

Playing in the Park

G-ma holdin' the cute babies! (Braxton and his cousin Heather)

Yup, thats my son. Already pullin' the girls' hair...hhhmmm...and look at the innocent expression on his face. He's good.

And so we were just chillin' and guess who came up to me?!?! LIZ BRYANT! A good friend from high school! Who woulda' thought? Her family was having a big reunion there as well and we just HAPPENED to be at the same park at the same time! Yay for coinkadinks!

After the park we visited one of my dad's cousins, and while there I was outside with B-rax by the trampoline and he got ahold of the net surrounding the tramp. I couldn't stop laughing. Thats my boy!



My sweet little Man

Eating dinner before the Rodeo


Yee-Haw! Rope 'em cowboy!

Ride that bull!!

We left before fireworks to beat the traffic, and thankfully B-rax slept all the way home! It was nice to be able to spend time with my family, immediate and extended. I love holidays!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

A rodeo on the 4th of July...it so does not get any better than that! And going out on the lake and picnicing in the park..jealous! Do you remember the Beckhams? They lived next door to us? Well..they were here in Utah, so we all went to their family BBQ! It was fun to see old friends!

Shari said...

Wow, what a cute kid you've got there! :)