Monday, April 9, 2012

Woe is Me

Ever have a day where you feel like just giving up? Where you wish you could just say "I quit!" and walk away from your job as a mother like you could with any other job? Where you just want to pull your hair out, scream, kick something, swear, pull your KIDS hair, smack a little sense into them, and cry all at once? Ya, that was today. I'm so glad it almost over....

On the same note, I found a scorpion in our house last night!  It was the first live scorpion I have seen inside this house since we moved in, so I can't really complain, but still...it was a scorpion!!! I'm so grateful Justin was here to kill it and dispose of it for me! (I'm a W-I-M-P with bugs!) We had one last year right around this time that our dear Aunt Angie saw and killed in the middle of the night while she was here taking care of my kiddos just after Conrad was born. I didn't see a single one after that all summer, so I'm hoping (and praying) I have the same luck (or tender mercy, I like to think) this year too. I scoured the house last night with a black light and didn't find any others (found a lot of other nasty stuff though. NEVER look at your bathroom with a black light unless you intend to clean it immediately!) and bug guy is coming tomorrow morning to shower my yard and house with pesticides, so...we should be good. :)


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hang in there sis! I have those days almost EVERY day!!!!! I just go in my bathroom, shut the door, fall on the floor and cry til I think I can face the music. You're such a good mamma...never doubt that! My heart is hugging you right now!!!! xoxo

Sarah and Neil Peterson said...

You're not the only one! I have those days too when you think, wow did I sign up for this? How can I get out?! I think it's all part of the process. In those moments I try really hard to focus on the good things; like the 'I love you mama' moments. Tomorrow will be better!