Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving, Braxton's Birthday '09

Its amazing to me how fast the holidays come each year. As soon as October hits, Halloween is here, then you barely have time to get ready for Thanksgiving before it comes and goes, and then you blink and its Christmas! I wish this time of year could just slow down a bit so we could actually enjoy every minute of that beautiful feeling that surrounds this time of year. Its sad that it goes by so fast.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We had it at my parents house, of course, and the food was divine. I love spending time with my fam and just sitting around and talking and relaxing. It was ESPECIALLY NICE this year to only have to drive a few minutes to get to my parents, and then be able to actually come home to put the kids down for naps in the afternoon. Living 45 min away the past couple years has made for long holidays and late nights anytime we came into town. I LOVE our new home! :) Later in the evening we met the Nobles at a big field near my aunt's house and played games and ate pie and just enjoyed being together. The weather was beautiful, too, so it was nice being outside and enjoying that while we can. Braxton loved being able to just run around and kick balls all night.

Me and Bella, Thanksgiving night, enjoying the nice cool breeze outside while watching the guys and kids play flag football


For Braxton's birthday, we took him to the zoo. He has been there before, but its been awhile and he was so excited to go see all the animals. I think he might have even had more fun just chasing all the birds around on the ground and trying to make them fly away. He wouldn't sit in a stroller the whole time we were there and insisted on running everywhere we went. Where does this kid get his energy?!?! I had so much fun just watching him enjoy himself, though. It made me happy to see him so happy and carefree.

On the bridge before going into the zoo

Anytime he saw water, he HAD to stop and find a rock to throw in it

I think the monkey kingdom was his favorite cause they were so close and almost in your face. He threw a fit when we left. (The only time the whole time we were there...a miracle!)

Waiting to ride the carasoul...this was his other favorite part of the day. He wouldn't stop smiling the whole time he was on it.


You gotta love this face....

Cake and present time! I said "say cheese" and he would say it but not smile, so I said "show me your teeth!" to try and get him to smile. This is what I got. :)




Happy Birthday my son! I love you like chocolate fudge cake loves milk!!

No comments: