Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Families are Forever

Braxton was "helping" me do the dishes last week, and I turned around for a second and when I turned back around, this is what I saw. The little turkey. All well...its a new way to beat the heat, and at least this way I don't have to worry about him getting a sun burn as he plays in the water. And how can you not love that smile??


Bella is filling out. Way out. She is in the top 95% of her weight class. She is a little chunker! Thats ok, that means there is just more of her to kiss and love on. She is so precious. She has gotten kind of fussy over the past few weeks, which is hard at times, but she has also started smiling. I can't get enough of her beautiful smile. It just warms my heart and makes me want to kiss her all over. I think any mother can agree that seeing your new baby smile for the first time is one of the most endearing moments and it makes an imprint in your heart. I love her so much.
My beautiful cousin Lena got married this last weekend to her Tongan sweetheart, Sifa. The ceremony was really special and they both just glowed all day long. It brought back alot of memories from my own wedding and how special and fun that day was. I love weddings! The feeling of love just permeates everything and everyone around and everyone is happy and in a good mood. Not to mention all the good food you get to feast on all day long. :) Even though I had to deal with a tired toddler and a grumpy baby through it all, it was a fun day. I am so grateful for eternal families and the opportunity we have to live together forever with them. My siblings and my cousins (and of course my husband) are some of my best friends in the world and I am so grateful we get to spend forever together. What a wonderful blessing!!


3 comments:

Shari said...

she is so stinking beautiful!

Kristin said...

I'm sooo happy for Lena! I'm sad I missed it all. My parents said they had a blast! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl Sarah! You're such a good mommy!

Natalie said...

It was great to see you at the temple! Your family is so beautiful.