Monday, July 6, 2009

Bella's Story

My beautiful baby girl is finally here, and I truly feel blessed in how everything happened and how the labor and delivery went. It was seriously almost perfect. I started having contractions at about 4:00 Friday morning, and after about 2 hours, when they didn't stop, I started getting really excited. I literally was PRAYING for the next one to come cause I wanted it to be real and happening so badly! At about 8:00 they started coming about 5 min apart and getting stronger. Justin was going into work for just a little to make sure his team was set and ready for the weekend without him and then he was going to meet me at the hospital. Thankfully my sister was staying with us, so we got everything ready to go and left about 9:00.





ON OUR WAY!!





Braxton was going to go home with my sister and stay with my fam for the day, or however long he needed to. So we got to the hospital around 10:00, met Justin, said goodbye to B-rax and my sis, got checked in, and was in triage by about 10:30. The nurse checked me there and already I was at a 5.5 almost 6! Wahoo! The contractions were still about 5 min apart, and although they were definitely uncomfortable they were still manageable. I was so excited to hear I was at a 5, because that meant this was truly happening! I was for sure going to have this baby. Thank goodness! I was given a room and got the IV going, I got the epidural about 11:15, and the waiting game began.





Nice and Comfy and Pain free...just the way I like it! :)





Justin and I had a nice, relaxing afternoon and just enjoyed the moment and what was about to happen. Around 3:30 the doc (who I had never met but LOVED) broke my water, and at 3:40 I started to have alot of pain on my lower right side. I started freakin out, thinking maybe the epidural was wearing off, but the nurse checked me and said, "Nope, she is right there and its push time!! Lets have a baby!" Thats when the nerves set in for the first time that day, and I started getting a little emotional, knowing THIS WAS THE MOMENT!! I gave a few pushes, the doc came in and got ready, I gave a few more hard pushes and BAM she was out! I could never describe the feeling of that moment when they take your baby out and lay him or her on your chest and you get to finally see them for the first time in 9 months. Its one of the closest things to heaven here on this earth. What a special experience it is to be a mother and be able to have moments like that.








The nurses kept exlaiming how beautiful she was and couldn't get over how much hair she had! She did swallow a bit of fluid which had some meconium in it so that was a small worry for awhile, but she ended up being just fine.


Right after the birth. I'm such a baby! I couldn't help it though...and I question any woman who doesn't get emotional at the sight of her newborn child!





I tore a small amount so after the the doc stitched me up we got to just be with the baby for about an hour until we were moved into the recovery room. There my fam came to visit and brought Braxton to see his baby sister for the first time. He didn't really know what was going on, but loved seeing the baby and having all the attention on him for a few moments while we watched his reaction. :)





My dad and Bella Rose



All in all it was a great day and a relatively easy delivery, and I am so thankful it happened that way. I guess there was a good reason why I was put on hold on Wed for the gels! Maybe things wouldn't have gone so smoothly. I didn't really like being in the hopsital on the 4th of July, but it was worth it to have her here and in my arms. At least I had a cute outfit to put her in for the day!

Happy Birthday Bella Rose! We love you and are so glad you are here and part of our family!






10 comments:

Trina said...

What a perfect little story. I have found that I get more and more emotional each time I have a baby. But the euphoric high I get to experience when they come is unforgettable!

Meagan said...

I'm glad things went so well for you! She is a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I have been stalking you recently anticiapting Bella's arrival. I am sobbing right now. I get jealous when I hear birth stories now because the joy when you first meet your baby is better than anything. Are you kidding me with how beautiful she is? She looks perfect. I really love that outfit. I am so glad all went well. You were a good sport about no matter how easy you thought it was.

Jessica Rodgers said...

I am reading and I cant believe it was making me want to have another baby for that special moment to happen again. She is perfect and I love the bow. :)

Shari said...

I love the bow you put on her for the 4th :)

Sarah I can't tell you how jealous I am of your easy deliveries. :p And you looked freaking FABULOUS right afterwards!

Congrats :)

Kristin said...

I'm so happy for you Sarah! You are so beautiful! Congratulations on your little miracle! Love the name Bella!

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

Congratulations, Sarah!! She really is beautiful & you look amazing!

kemra said...

Oh Congratulations! She is just beautiful!!! I'm so glad things went smoothly!

You look so good in those pictures too! You don't look like you just gave birth!

Rachel Smith said...

Congratulations!!! Look at that hair! good work mama!

Allison said...

Congrats! She is darling! You have such a beautiful family!