Sunday, May 24, 2009

Camping Fun!

My younger brother Joseph had his Eagle Project last weekend up at Camp Lomia. He repaired the two bridges in both the main camp and Orchard Camp, painting them and adding supports to the one in Orchard. Almost my whole family was able to go up to help him, and we had alot of support from the ward. It was SO NICE to be up in the mountains in the fresh pine air away from the heat for awhile! The air was cool and crisp and clear...mmm..I love it! And whats better, we slept in the addies, and I didn't even see ONE BUG! Wahoo! :) Braxton definitely had the most fun, though. I seriously don't think I have ever seen him more excited in his life. He was happy and even giddy the whole way up there, and once we got there he just didn't stop for a second. He had so much fun playing in the woods and holding the flashlight (once it got dark). He didn't go to bed until like 10:30, and he was up at the crack of dawn again (5:30!) ready to go out and play. It was fun watching him, and I'm glad he enjoyed it so much. Needless to say, we left around 12:30, and within literally 30 seconds he was out and slept the whole way home. Another Wahoo! :) It was a fun weekend, and I'm glad we got to go. Justin had a good time too hanging out with my dad and brothers while they all worked on one of the bridges together.

Braxton getting his frist driving lesson from Aunt Alisha! We drove back and forth alot between the bridges making sure everyone had what they needed. Braxton loved the rides!

Braxton and Daddy in the creek where they were working.

Justin all decked out and working the power tools! My oldest brother Daniel helping him out.


Ahhh...the kisses!

Braxton and Daddy in his water boots!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute!! Brax is so old! And it's nice to see Justin. His hair looks positively curly! What did you do with the dogs?

Shari said...

check out those BOOTS! I remember Lomia. :D