Thursday, January 31, 2008

All My Love to My Love

Today I am feeling especially grateful for my husband.


For all those who don't know Justin that well, let me fill you in a little bit. He was raised by a single mother who worked hard to give her children all they needed and wanted in life, and she did a wonderful job. But his father was never present in his life and so he never had a father figure to look up to and have as an example of what a husband/father should be like. Justin's family was baptised when he was a young boy, but then became less active through his teenage years.



After he graduated from high school, he listened to the spirit whispering to him that he needed to serve a mission, so he gave up his dream of becoming a star football player to become reactivated in the church and serve a full time mission in Boston, Mass.

He then returned to Mesa, Az to live with the only other active member of his family, his aunt, and attended the singles ward where he spied a tall, beautiful burnette princess (hey...its my story...I can embellish is where I want! ;)) and fell madly in love with her.
Well she was just a little bit stubborn so it took a lot of chasing and wooing on his part but eventually she came around and fell head over heels for this charmer and well...the rest is history in the making!
I tell this story to show that throughout his life, Justin has always risen above the challenges thrown in his path and he has come out conquerer in the end every time. Despite the fact that the only memories of his father are ones of abuse and neglect, he treats me with love and devotion every day. I don't think a single day goes by where he does not call me from work to tell me he misses me and he loves me.
He works hard, long hours 6 days out of the week so that we can have the necessities of life, with a little extra to spare to enjoy the pleasant, enjoyable things in life. He comes home after these long hours of work and still helps to clean the kitchen after dinner is finished. And despite the fact that he did not have a father, he has become a wonderful one. He suprises me every day with how playful and loving he is with little Braxton, even when the baby is screaming and crying and none too fun to hold at the moment
.
He alone in his immediate family has stayed true to the church, even though many times throughout his life he has had opportunities that would have made him large in the world of men. He has turned them down every time and instead has chosen to be a man of God.

He is persistant and he perserveres and he works hard to accomplish what he has set his mind to. He is a hero, a true hero, MY hero, in every sense of the word, and I am so grateful and priviledged to spend the rest of eternity with this man. Thank goodness for eternal families, and thank goodness for my man, Justin. All my love sweetheart.




4 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey Sarah! This is Alicia (Nelson) King, from high school. Anyway, I found your blog and was so touched by your latest entry. Justin sounds like an awesome guy, and I'm so glad you two found each other. Oh, and your son is ADORABLE!!! :)

Heidi said...

Awwww,Sarah! Wonderful tribute to the man! I never really realized how truly little I know about Justin. Thank you for posting this so we can get to know your knight in shining armor better.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I think that was so sweet, I feel like I know him better just by reading that. He is a hero! I'm so happy for you guys!

Coree Adams said...

What a great man you married. I like reading posts like that.