Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tender Mercies

So good news! I had an ultrasound to find out just how far along I am, and it turns out I am actually 4 weeks further along than I thought! I am officially 14 weeks today. That means I only have about another month of being sick, rather than two. Wahoo! That was a HUGE blessing. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Thank goodness for the Lord's tender mercies.


Here are some picture updates of the chillins. Braxton and Bella love to just turn on their kids sing-along music and dance around the livingroom or Braxton's room.



Bella loves making little crawl spaces for herself and sitting in little holes just big enough for her. It makes me laugh. She is so sweet.

MY PRETTY GIRL!!


Here is what happens when Braxton "helps" me make bread. At least the mess is worth the time that it keeps him occupied!



I have such a blessed life. Last night at the relief society broadcast, Sis. Allred told a story of a couple who took their two small children on a 27 hr ride to the temple to be sealed together as a family. On the way back, both children caught cold and died, and the parents returned home empty handed, but with hope and gratitude in their hearts for making it to the temple to be sealed as an eternal family. That story has been replaying in my head over and over since I heard it yesterday. I just don't understand why some people are given so much and blessed beyond what they deserve, while other wonderful, amazing, strong individuals are given such hard trials and live with so little. I will never understand it until perhaps the next life, but I don't take what I have for granted. I thank my Father every day for the life I live, my husband, my home, my parents and siblings, and most of all my two beautiful children. They are my greatest blessings, the sweetest "tender mercies" the Lord has given me, and I live every day for them. I hope and pray I can be the mother they deserve.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Sarah, your kids are growing up so fast!! I can't believe Bella's running around like that. Last time I saw her she was still mostly a worm!

Kristin said...

Wow...to everything! To your beautiful kids...to your further along pregnancy...and to that story! WOW! I look up to you so much Sarah! You are such an inspiration. Thank you for your positive blog!!!

Valerie said...

I'm so glad that you are on the home stretch to feeling well again!

Thorne Family said...

Wow! 4 weeks earlier than you thought! That's great new1s. Sounds like we are about a week apart.