Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

Hello Blog.


It's been awhile.

I feel horrible its been so long since I have updated you on our lives, but to tell you the truth, I do have a pretty good excuse. For the past six weeks I have been puking and eating nonstop even though no food ever sounds or tastes good and all I want to do is sleep all day. My poor children have watched way too much t.v. and gotten into way too much trouble while I lay helpless and pathetic on the couch most of each day. I do take them out every now and then, on good days, when I'm feeling ok and not throwing up so much. I remember it being this bad with Braxton, but Bella was a little easier on my body I think. I guess there was another little spirit in heaven who just couldn't wait any longer. So whether we are ready or not (I was definitely leaning towards the NOT for the first many weeks after I found out), here they come! It was a surprise and took awhile for me to adjust and accept the fact that we will have three young chillins under the age of 4, but the Lord has had his hand in this and has let me know more than once that this is His will and this is what I am supposed to be doing with my life right now. I just can't wait for these first four months to be over. Eight weeks down, about nine more to go....*grrrooooaaaaann*. Pray for me.

Braxton is turning three in a couple months, and every time I remember that it surprises me. I think he should be turning 4, or 10. He is such a big boy and amazes me every day with how smart he is and how much he is learning about the world. Don't get me wrong, he is definitely still a little boy and acts like it plenty of the time, but its so hard to believe he has only been in my life for less than three years. He loves playing the role of "big brother" with Bella, for better or worse sometimes. He can be so sweet and loving to her one second, then such a tease and pest to her the next. I feel like a broken record sometimes. "Braxton, be soft to your sister. Braxton, be soft. That wasn't soft. Be ssssooooofftt. Braxton!! BE SOFT!" :) Thankfully she is tough and takes it all in good stride and still loves him to death no matter what. He is a wonderful helper to me with running little errands I need done around the house, and loves being a part of anything and everything I am doing. I love how when he likes something, he will say "Ya! I love that! Its my favorite!" :) Its so cute. I just want to eat him every time he says it. Unfortunately, I think he is pretty much done taking naps. At 2 1/2!! I feel jipped. :( I know he is still tired and needs a nap, but he is just so stinkin' stubborn, and it just turns into a two hour fight with him and its not worth it. At least he goes to bed earlier and easier at nights now! Wahoo! With every gray cloud there is a silver lining... :)

Bella is my little love bug. She is so sweet and kisses and hugs and loves on me all day long. I can't get enough of it. I know some day I am going to look back and these days and long for them again, when my children actually ENJOY cuddling and kissing me. They won't last forever, so I am taking all I can and loving every second. She gives kisses to anyone and everyone, asked for or not. She will do anything I ask with a smile on her face and then is so proud of herself when she is done. I can't believe how much she is talking already, too! I can understand a large majority of what she says, and her words are getting more pronounced and her vocabulary larger every day. She is a pure joy to me and Justin. My trial with her right now is getting her to sleep through the night. The "cry it out" thing and I just don't get along too well, so I am tryin to find some other way. Any suggestions?

Justin has been a wonderful help to me these last many weeks while I have been sick. He surprised me when I told him we were going to have another baby, saying "well, at least we'll get them all here quicker!" This is a huge relief and blessing, seeing as how he thought we would be done with one! He works so hard for us every day, then comes home to a messy house and on bad days not even a dinner, and takes it all in stride and does his best to help. He loves our children more than anything in this world and works so hard to give them the life he wishes for them. I am grateful for him and all he does for our family. He is sweet man and I love him.

Well, I am about to keel over and start snoring right here on this keyboard, so I think its off to bed with me.

Until next time. "Oravwa!"


12 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!! so exciting! well not for the sick and ugh part but yay for you guys, having another little one! i hope you feel better soon.

Molly said...

Congrats! Sorry you are sick! ugh!

Alicia said...

Yep, the Lord is definitely in control! I'm sorry you're sick, but excited about your little one! I can tell you're such a great mommy, though, and this baby is lucky to have you and Justin! :)

Sarahleigh said...

Congratulations! Sorry you're so sick though :( I do not get along with the "cry it out" method either. I just figured that they won't sleep with me forever, and they will eventually sleep through the night, right? I just tried to listen to my kids and what they needed. It got to a point at about a year, though, when they needed to learn how to put themselves to sleep for their sakes. It is definitely a plus for us too, but they were just craving their beds and fighting us from holding them. I remember one particularly bad night with Audrey where she was SO TIRED that she was just crying. She cried if I held her or put her down or gave her a bottle or a pacifier or her blanket or anything. She just wanted sleep. I finally just put her down and she slept great through the night ever after. I cried the whole time she did though. Shortly after that, we decided that they needed to learn to go to bed, so we started a bedtime routine every night and spent a lot of time on our knees and it only took about 3 days before they really got it, and we haven't had any problems ever since. It usually only took about 20 minutes of crying max. Tucker had one bad night where he cried for an hour, but he would usually fall asleep in our arms during cuddle time, so he was caught completely off guard by the whole thing. Our situation is a little different because we felt like going in after we laid them down only made things worse, but you might try going in every 10 minutes or so and soothing her by patting her back and such. Just don't pick her up or make eye contact. Then she'll know you aren't just abandoning her. You'll both feel better when she learns this important skill. Its ok for her to cry a little though. Sometimes kids have to learn hard things that frustrate them, like riding a bike. There is just a certain level that only a mom can know is right for their kids though. Sorry, long response. Hope you find something that works for you! Good luck with your pregnancy :)

Beazer said...

Congratulations! Just think of how great it will be to have all of your kids close in age as they're growing up -- family trips and activities will be great!

We aren't in the cry-it-out camp. It made for some rough nights and sleep deprived months, but they work through it eventually. If you find something that works -- be sure to post about it!

Shari said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you. You'll be great with lots and LOTS of kids, so I'm sure you'll be super fantastic with 3. :)

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I hope you feel better sooner than later. Morning sickness stinks.

Valerie said...

Yay for a new baby! I'm not going to say "I hope you feel better soon" because 1) that goes without saying, and 2) it probably won't happen. So I will say this: I sincerely hope you have far more good days than bad days. How's that? Good luck! You can do it!

Sarah and Neil Peterson said...

Heavenly Father is the boss, right? You are a wonderful mommy! Congrats and hang in there :)

Amy said...

Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better soon.

As far as trying to get Bella to sleep, I highly highly recommend "The Sleep Easy Solution" book. I don't know anyone that it didn't work with. It is amazing--let me know if you want more details (wright.amy.m@gmail.com).

Platte and Heather said...

Congrats!!! How exciting to have another one! I hope you get feeling better!!!

Kristin said...

WOW!!! Yeah for you and your family! Wish I was closer to help you out! Congratulations!