Sunday, April 26, 2009

1st Haircut and More

Braxton got his first haircut! I meant to do before/after pictures, but he never holds still for more than 2 seconds so it just didn't happen. His hair was getting so long he was getting a little tail in back, so I figured it was about time! My mom trimmed it for me since I was nervous about messing it up, which turned out good since it definitely took two of us to get it done. We had him sit in the swing in back of my parents house, and he did good for about the first 3 minutes, and then he was done and not happy.



I like the Mohawk look...don't you? :)



We went to the zoo again last week while the weather was still tolerable before it gets too hot. We went again with some of the other women in my ward, but we had alot smaller group this time so it worked out better. Braxton was such a good boy the whole time and loved playing in the splash pad after looking at all the animals. Our favorite this trip was the gigantic turtles. These things are huge!


Momma and Braxton

Having Fun in the sun! (and water...)




This is what happens when I let Braxton feed himself. (Which he INSISTS on doing all the time now) MESSY!! All well...he is learning. Slowly.


I am almost 8 months now. I think I am smaller in size than I was with B-rax, but I am having alot more aches and pains alot earlier on this time. I found my first vericose vein the other day...not a happy woman. And a pinched nerve in my back just won't let up and makes for very unpleasant, well, anything. 9 more weeks to go!

4 comments:

Shari said...

Sarah, by the time I was this far along, my face would have been at LEAST 3 times it's normal size and no way would I make it through the zoo. So I'd say you're doing AWESOME :D

And Braxton has "Speakman" written all over him. I think that even if I didn't know he was your kid, I'd still know he's a Speakman. :) I miss your parents. Tell them hi for me.

Mallory said...

what a cute kid!!! im so excited that you are almost about to have another baby! thats crazy!!

Jessica Rodgers said...

Hang in there. Please call if I can do anything for you. Make a meal or watch Braxton. I hated that stage and it was always nice to get help so please let me know honestly!!!!

kemra said...

He's just too cute! Don't worry - the hair cuts get easier...not because they sit any better - you'll get better @ working around the screams/wiggles! So much fun!!!

I'm sorry about the pregnancy aches...I hope you are able to get some rest before your little girl comes! I know she's just going to be beautiful!