Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Fun

Two years ago we went with my mom's side of the family to El Capitan State Beach in California, and ever since we have made it a tradition in our own family to go each summer. We love the ocean and the cool weather and the chance to experience camping while hearing the waves just a few steps away. We took Alisha my sister and Karen, her good friend, with us and we had such a blast! It was definitely colder this year then it has been...most likely because we went earlier in the year. The 7 hour drive was kind of tough for our little guy, but with a few breaks every now and then we made it though it! Here is little B-rax enjoying a break from the confines of the car on the way there. I love his mohawk!


Braxton's first look at the ocean!! It was C-O-L-D!!

Alisha running from the waves. It seriously made your feet tingle and start to go numb it was so cold!

Chillin' in the tent.


I love this picture of Braxton! What a nut!

Playin' cards while baby sleeps. I won, of course. :)

I had to improvise in giving Braxton his bath at night. Poor little guy. He was so cold! I later discovered that the oversized sinks used for washing out clothes just outside the bathrooms worked wonderful as a bathtubs. Too bad I didnt get a picture.

Even though the water was like ice and it was cloudy and overcast, Justin and the girls were determined to go swimming while we were there. Justin is fearless...he just wades right in and rolls right along with the waves without even a shiver. Just watching him makes me cold! The girls didn't last as long as he did, but heck they are more brave than I am! Thankfully I had the baby as an excuse. :) We got our legs wet, but that was as far as we both wanted to go!


Braxton decided he wanted Alisha's apple. Mmmm, mmm, good! He really went at that thing for awhile!

Just a happy boy!


So overall it went well, but we did have a few mishaps...like our air mattress getting a hole and having to sleep on the hard rocky ground since we forgot to rake the area before we put up our tent...or how about a fat bird pooping out his entire days meal all over me and Braxton. Seriously, those birds eat berries like no tomorrow and it was like someone opened a pie and dumped the contents into my lap. I about freaked. I swear they take aim. I chide myself for not taking a picture of it but at the time the only thing I could think about was getting that stuff OFF. And the stupid bird totally ruined my sweater and pants. Good thing for him I didn't have a BB gun...But other than that we had alot of fun and it was so nice spending the whole week with Justin and my baby. I just love vacations!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't believe you got crapped on!!! Oh man! That's so funny Sarah! You guys looked like you had lots of fun. Karen doesn't even look the same man. Wow! And Alisha is so grown up!

Alicia said...

I love the pictures, and I'm with ya--vacations are the best!