Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Californ-I-A w/Nanna!

This last weekend we had the opportunity to travel to California and visit/meet Justin's grandma (Nanna) and his Aunt Joan and cousin Kim. Nanna and Joan live in N. Carolina and were over on this side of the country to visit Kim, and as me and the kids have never met her before we figured it would be a good time to go say hello.
 It was such a wonderful and lovely weekend! I was so impressed by all of them and how sweet they were to us any my crazy kids. Nanna was so kind and thoughtful and it was a delight to get to know her. She is a little woman with a big heart and alot of spunk! :)
 LOVE YOU NAN! 

Justin and lovely Nan, taken on phone by Braxton (hence the blurr!)
(Here is a more clear pic, taken from Kim's facebook page. Thanks Kim. :) )
My kids just adored Joan. She was so attentive to my children and treated them like she had known and loved them for years. My kids are not always the easiest, but she was so patient and loving and kind and Braxton just latched onto her and wouldn't let her go. I again was just so impressed by them all - I felt like we have been a part of their lives for years. I'm so grateful to have such wonderful family!
Wonderful Aunt Joan! (again taken by Brax...)

Kim, Justin's cousin.

Kim was so sweet to open her home to us and let us hang out there all day Friday. I loved getting to know her and can't wait to further that someday. Braxton even gained a little crush on her while there and always wanted to sit next to her at the tables! It was so cute. 

We got there Friday morning and spent the day with Joan, Nan and Kim paying in the pool, eating WONDERFUL homemade food, resting and relaxing, eating out and walking on the beach before sunset.
Bella on her "soft cozy bed" as she called it in the hotel room.

C-RAD!! 
                                Our stroll on the beach before heading back to hotel for night...

IT WAS COLD!! I totally forgot sweaters...thinking "why in the world would we need sweaters in Cali in June!" DUH!


My boys...love this pic

Conrad's first time at the beach! He loved it! 

The Girls
Saturday morning we spent playing at a cute local park we found...









Then around noon we headed to the beach for the rest of the day! Wahoo!!








We had so much fun, and I can't wait to go back in a couple weeks for our beach camping vacation! 

YAY FOR SUMMER!!!

No comments: