Friday, January 14, 2011

Milestones

Braxton has been saying really cute/funny things lately. I love watching him explore and discover the world around him. Here are some of my favorites:


"Mom, can I have crackers and fishies?"
"Sure Braxton." (I grab a bag and pour the crackers and fishies into the bag for him.)
"Good job mommy!"

(Sitting in bathtub and is petting his leg, then kisses it.)
"I love you my sweet leg!"

Braxton and Bella have little "conversations" all the time and I love listening to them, especially since half of Bella's words are still unintelligible. We were in the car and they were "talking" and Bella said something to him and Braxton scrunched up his face, tapped his chin and said, "What? 'Shwumpee?' Hmmmm....now what does THAT mean?" :)

(WHile we were swinging outside)
"Mommy, look a butterfly! ... Wow...Its so beautiful!"


We reached a milestone today. I FIIINNNNAALLLYY got Braxton to poop in the toilet!!! WAHOO!! He has been peeing for awhile but was deathly afraid to poop for some unknown reason, UNTIL TODAY! Is is sad when a mother gets so excited over her child's bowel movement? Well, so be it. Today I am one happy woman. :)

Last Sunday was Bella's first day in nursery, and Braxton's first day in primary! Braxton had a little bit of a hard time going into the primary room at first and sitting with his class, but after about 10 mins he warmed up and finally went and sat down. I was so grateful. For some reason I was just so emotional that day, and I could barely keep the tears at bay when Braxton started getting a little emotional about going in there by himself. I don't know what I would have done if he refused to go, since I still had Bella squirming in my arms and Justin was teaching his class. THEN I went and took Bella to nursery, and thats when I lost it. :( I don't even know why!! She was so excited (and heaven knows I had been looking forward to this day for MONTHS!!!) to go in and wasn't even crying, but I just couldn't stop the tears this time. It was so embarrassing! I said goodbye to her and had to go to the bathroom and have a good cry for a few minutes. Sad, isn't it? A grown woman. Sheesh. i'm such a baby. She ended up doing well the first hour, but I guess lost it the second hour and they had to bring her to me in Young Women's cause she was crying so much. I of course was teaching though, so they had to take her screaming out of the room again to go find Justin. It was a hard day. I was grateful when church was over and I could take my kids home and hold them and kiss them and love them all I wanted. I'm such a softie.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh man..."I love you my sweet leg" just made my whole day!!!! Ha ha.