Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our New Home!

Here is our new home!! Wahoo! I couldn't back up enough to get the whole house and yard all in one shot, so imagine these first three pictures all side by side and you get the idea of what it looks like.

Big side yard with lots of FRUIT trees! Yay!

Front of house

Other side-full size basketball court, and behind that another yard with a little jungle gym for B-rax

Close up of jungle gym. Braxton already loves it!

Pool in back of the house. We are loving this amenity, thats for sure!



Doesn't quite feel like "Home" yet, but it is starting to slowly as we get more settled in. I'm sure it will take awhile before it really feels like home. It is so nice being close to family again and being withing 3 miles of pretty much everything. I went to relief society for the first time this last Sunday and really enjoyed it. I think I am going to like this ward alot and will enjoy being friends with the women in it. Its definintely a different scenario than in Maricopa. Our ward out there was twice as big and had so many wonderful young couples our age with young families. Relief Society was just one big party with all my friends! Here, almost half the women are mothers of kids I went to school with. Interesting and weird to now be on their same level, but fun at the same time. There are only a few young families, and I haven't been able to meet anyone my age yet. Thats ok though, I am excited to be able to make friends with more "seasoned" women and see what wonderful lessons I can learn from being part of their lives.

New York was fun, and it is so beautiful there. It was nice to get away from this heat for awhile and enjoy the beauty of nature. Its nice to be back home though. We were able to go to Boston for a few days and spend some time with one of Justin's good buddies from his mission. I actually really enoyed it there. That was probably the highlight of the trip for me. Pics to come soon hopefully.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Wow Sarah it's beautiful! Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the new home! It's very beautiful! I'm jealous you got to move. I want to move really bad. We are already bursting out of the seams and we've only been here 6 months!

Matt and Jayna said...

Oh my goodness, your home is SO beautiful! I love it and especially love the basketball court. We would love to have one some day. It is nice that you will probably never have to move again! How nice!

Nettie said...

Ahhh, where is this??? I'm jealous! I've been wanting a "mature" gilbert/mesa home for a long time. THis is beautiful, and I LOVE the land. Congratulations! And Sarah...your children are gorgeous! As are you.