Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pregnancy Update, for those who are interested!


I kept waiting for a day when I could actually get ready and look halfway decent for a belly shot, but then I realized that day would never come! So, here I am in all my glory (notice the snot stain on the front of my shirt?) at 6 months and counting!
I have been feeling pretty good the last couple months. The second trimester is always the easiest - the nausea is pretty much over and you can actually eat again without puking it right back up. Food actually TASTES good again. Your not too big that you are uncomfortable yet, but your big enough that people can tell your pregnant and not just fat.
Just within the past couple of weeks I have felt myself getting winded and more tired easier, but other than that I still am feeling great. I love feeling this little baby girl move inside me...thats probably my favorite part of being pregnant.
And here are a few things that I have noticed with this pregnancy that are different than my last:
1) I wasn't quite as sick during the first trimester as I was with Braxton, and it only lasted about 16 weeks rather than 25.
2)Cold cereal has been my LIFESAVER, literally, especially while sick. It is quick and easy and ALWAYS sounds good. Even while sick, it was the only thing that stayed down, most of the time... With Braxton, it was pizza and ice cream. (Hence the weight gain..)
3)With baby #1, my chest was so sore I had to sleep with a pillow and it hurt to even wear a bra all day. With baby girl, they feel great!
4)I started feeling her move alot sooner. Wahoo!
5) Nothing makes me happier than chocolate!!
6)I get light-headed easier and out of breath alot, even if its just walking from one room to another.
7)I haven't had nearly as many weird (and vivid) dreams, nor hardly any that involve the baby to come.
8)Braxton-Hicks contractions started a couple weeks ago already. Didn't start those until the last couple months with baby #1.
9)I am WAY more emotional than with Braxton. I probably cry at least once a day, and most of the time its over the stupidest things. But I can't help it! The tears just start flowin'.
10) I still have to eat small snacks in between meals, but I don't get that gut wrenching hunger pangs when I am hungry that i did with B-rax, and I am not as hungry as much.
I can't believe its already been 6 months. Only three more to go! She will be here so soon. I am nervous to have two babies wanting all my attention, but excited to add another fun personality to our home.
Can't think of anything else right now.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Glad you are feeling better! And your picture looks cute- I never would've noticed the snot stain :) But I can totally relate! It will be exciting to see your cute little girl.

Beazer said...

Cereal was totally my life saver as well! I ate it in the morning, for snacks, before sleeping, and definitely if I woke up in the night starving. You look adorable! Glad things are feeling so great now.

Alicia said...

You look great! Thanks for the update!

Kristin said...

Having two babies want all your attention is the greatest feeling in the whole world! You feel so accomplished at the end of the day. But in all actuality...you'll have three babies wanting your attention...let's face it, our husbands count as a baby! Congratulations again!