Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Clean and Clear and Under Control!

Braxton had his eye surgery on Feb 11th. He had a clogged tear duct in his left eye that was causing it always to be so goopy and watery, and it finally got so bad I had to take him in to get it taken care of. The surgery itself only lasted about 30 min and everything went well. The doc put a tiny little tube in the eye connecting his tear ducts to help it drain and stretch the ducts out, and he cleaned out the nose and got all the gunk out that has been in there since the problem began. (Since he was born!) It was just a small outpatient surgery, but it was sure hard to watch the nurses take my baby away and hear him cry out for me. The hardest part by far was watching him wake up from the anasthesia. He was in and out of conciousness and had the IV in his foot and his eye was bleeding a little bit and he was just screaming, not knowing what was going on and why he felt the way he did. I knew he was going to be ok, but to have to hold him while he was going through that and having no way to confort him...it was so hard. I seriously think I cried more than he did throughout the whole morning! After we finally were able to leave he settled down a little bit and as soon as we got in the car he was out. He slept the rest of the morning, was up for just a few hours then slept a few more hours and after that he finally started acting like himself again. It was a hard day for us and I am so glad its over! On a positive note, though, the surgery was a huge success. His eye is completely clear and clean and beautiful! He looks almost like a whole new boy! Its so wonderful to see him without all the gunk and goop. He is a beautiful kid and I'm glad and grateful people can finally see him as he is.
(Sorry no pics...I was to emotional to remember to take any that day!)

4 comments:

Shari said...

I'm glad he's all better! I've been thinking of you guys lately. :)

dkstaker said...

I bet that was so hard to see him got through that! Only mom's can relate how painful it is to see your baby like that. But I am glad it all went well.

Corynn said...

I am glad that Braxton's eye is all better! He was so cute today at the zoo. I will send you pictures soon!

kemra said...

I'm glad he is doing well! Poor little guy...and it's so hard to watch your kids in pain. It's one of the worst things ever!